Friday 9 February 2018

Mega Man X Collection for Current Gen Consoles Announced!












So. It's finally happened! Capcom have finally made the decision to create a Mega Man X collection!! YES! YES! YES! Forgive me as the news as made me a little excited. I'm actually surprised its taken them this long to dedicate a collection to the X series as there have been multiple collections for the original Mega Man series over the years. And yes, I am aware of the X collection which was released for PS2, Gamecube and I believe Xbox some years ago now in the states but us over here in jolly old Britain and the rest of Europe never received such a collection, which was... annoying to say the least. I have to admit I'm really not the biggest ordinary Mega Man fan (you know the ordinary series which was released on the NES etc.) but I love the X series. In my opinion, the X series outshines the ordinary series in every way; but that's a discussion for a different time! If you've never played the series before then this collection will be a perfect introduction for you! If you have, and you've enjoyed it, then it goes without saying this will be a game definitely worth picking up for sure!




Game: Mega Man X Collection

Release date: Summer 2018 (Worldwide)

System: Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC

Predicted review score from critics: 8/10

Predicted score from myself: 9/10

Image result for mega man x



What does the collection include then? Well according to various credible sources including Kotaku, the collection will include all of the Mega Man X games in the series. That's one through eight for those of you unsure how many Capcom cranked out back in the day. Starting with the first game which first came out to great praise from critics and gamers alike on the SNES back in 1993, right up until the eighth instalment which debuted in 2004 on the PS2! The series really did cover some gaming ground! As expected the game will be out for all of the current gen consoles including the Switch which means portable X action on the go! Apart from that we're not sure what else will be included with it. Maybe Capcom will include content such as early art work or concepts, maybe online leaderboards from speed runs etc. But as of yet that is all speculation.

I for one though am very much looking forward to this title. As I mentioned early, It's a collection which Capcom should of brought out a while ago now and it's a collection I've wanted for a while. But hey! Better late than never! The games themselves are very rare and expensive and most people haven't even played all of them, including myself. Some of them may not have hit the heights the original did back on the SNES but I'm still curious to play them in HD on my Switch and on the go!

Let me know what you guys and gals think by dropping me a message at: craig1.0@outlook.com 
Are you looking forward to this collection or are the only games worth playing in the franchise are the first 3? I would love to know!

Cheers everyone!

Stephensonite.

No comments: